SALARY REQUIREMENTS MUST BE INCLUDED WITH RESUME IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs and provide solutions with successful outcomes? Do you have excellent technical and problem solving skills?
We are looking for an Embedded Software engineer that excels in a high-paced multi-tasking environment. PLX is an essential business looking to hire immediately for the right candidate.
PLXIncTransforming Optical Structure Technology through Innovative System Integration.
PLX provides high precision solutions that fit the demands of a new generation of optical requirements for the Defense, Aerospace and Commercial industries, including such clients as Lockheed Martin, JPL, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman Corporation. PLX is a registered ISO 9001 company with over 30 patents for innovative optical products. Our extensive in-house manufacturing and environmental testing facilities, performance testing capabilities and state-of-the-art optical analysis equipment provide total quality management and accountability. Founded in 1955 as Precision Lapping and Optical Company, PLX’s history of innovation and problem solving has made it the world’s leader in Hollow Retroreflector and Monolithic Optical Structure Technology (M.O.S.T.™).
Position Primary Responsibility:
· Work with the Engineering director and Program director to determine the Embedded software specifications and requirements.
· Design and implement C/C++ Embedded software for primarily ARM cortex Microcontrollers, using the Keil MDK development kit.
· Design, develop, code, test and debug embedded software.
· Conduct system level testing, debugging, optimization.
· Document and conduct thorough code reviews/walkthrough’s. Maintain code and version control.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, computer engineering or electronics engineering or equivalent.
· Proficient in C/C++.
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience taking ownership of complex projects and producing successful outcomes
· Demonstrated critical thinking skills, with strong time management and organization skills
· Naturally team oriented and creative, with a mission-first attitude
· FPGA/CPLD Programmable logic, VHDL/AHDL/Verilog
· digital signal processing for noise reduction, filtering, correlation.
PLX, Inc is a state-of-the-art optical technology company based in New York, providing vital solutions to fit the demands of a new generation of optical requirements by specializing in the development and manufacture of high accuracy complex optical structures that withstand non-optimal conditions. With a 65 year heritage at the forefront of innovation, PLX continues to transform optics by integrating innovative optical systems into the assemblies of critical defense, space and aerospace platforms.