The company is rapidly expanding with enhanced growth opportunities available. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right individual. If you are looking to establish yourself within a growing and solid company, PLX is the place for you. Apply now to join our team at PLX.
PLX is an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We are looking for an Optical Manufacturing Engineer and join our team, with ample opportunity for growth within the company.
The successful candidate will:
· Create end to end plans to manufacture precision optics in order to determine procedures, tooling, and equipment required
· Optimize existing processes and procedures to achieve the highest standards in optical performance
· Author manufacturing procedures that guide opticians and CNC technicians to meet system and component-level performance and quality requirements
· Design tooling required to transport and position optics during fabrication, metrology, and optomechanical assembly processes
· Lead process improvement initiatives: develop new fabrication techniques, reduce cycle time, reduce process variation, and minimize non-conformance risk
· Lead root cause analysis investigations for machine failures and manufacturing process non-conformances
· Liaise as the technical lead during optical production phase overseeing work in the Optical Shop, working with opticians and technicians to resolve any process variations or non-conformances
· Coordinate transitions between fabrication, metrology, coating, assembly, supply chain, and quality
The ideal candidate can recommend a solution when conditions are less than ideal
· Must be proficient in reading and comprehending blueprints
· Must have 5 years of hands-on experience in high accuracy flat optics
· Knowledge of Blanchard grinders, surface grinders, polishing and lapping machines is a plus
PLX, Inc is a state-of-the-art optical technology company based in New York, providing vital solutions to fit the demands of a new generation of optical requirements by specializing in the development and manufacture of high accuracy complex optical structures that withstand non-optimal conditions. With a 65 year heritage at the forefront of innovation, PLX continues to transform optics by integrating innovative optical systems into the assemblies of critical defense, space and aerospace platforms.