More than power, we're about people. At Great River Energy (GRE), people are our first priority--both customers and employees. Here, you will find a team-centered environment that's rewarding, challenging, and exciting. As a cooperative-owned generation and transmission company, we are Minnesota's second largest utility based on generating capacity.
We are currently looking for a Transmission Line Design Engineer who will be responsible for performing engineering, project management and technical support for transmission line design projects.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Perform engineering on transmission line design projects to ensure safe, reliable, high-quality, cost-efficient, reliable designs.
· Provide technical support to other GRE engineers, the Land Rights and Environmental departments, field technicians, operators, and others to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the GRE transmission system.
· Lead and participate on cross-functional teams responsible to develop and update internal GRE design standards and equipment specifications to ensure consistent, high-quality designs.
· Perform project management for Transmission division projects, as assigned, to ensure all financial, functional, and schedule requirements are met.
· Participate in regional or national working groups as required to gain industry knowledge and help influence industry decisions.
· Bachelor’s Degree (or advanced) in civil engineering or electrical engineering or education required to qualify for the written Professional Engineering Examination as required by the State Board of Engineering, and
· 2+ years of experience in an engineering or science-related position within the utility or a related industry. 6+ years of transmission line design engineering experience is strongly preferred.
· Understands the NESC (National Electric Safety Code).
· Fundamentals of Engineering certification and/or Professional Engineer registration is preferred.
· Knowledge of the utility industry.
· Skill in utilizing and assessing technologies related to the utility industry.
· Verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to research, analyze, and make recommendations related to engineering decisions.
· Ability to work within a team environment.
· Project management skills.
· Demonstrated experience in utilizing problem solving skills to address primarily technical nature issues.
Qualified professionals will find we have a lot to offer: competitive compensation, continued education, an on-site workout facility, generous retirement plan, along with many more benefits. Qualified candidates, please apply at www.greatriverenergy.com under the Careers tab by January 30, 2023.
GRE values diversity, equity, and inclusion and we are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Powering what’s possible Great River Energy is a not-for-profit electricity provider owned by our 28 distribution cooperatives in Minnesota and Wisconsin for which we generate and transmit electricity. We provide wholesale electric service to our member owners who distribute electricity to approximately 660,000 member consumers - or about 1.7 million people. A diverse mix of generation resources - Our power plants generate more than 2,800 megawatts of electricity and several solar arrays capable of producing 650 kilowatts. In addition, we purchase wind and hydroelectric energy.Your electricity is delivered through power lines to you. Every time you plug in your toaster, television or other electrical device, a system of power lines goes to work to bring you the power you need. Our job at Great River Energy is to keep the lights on by providing a safe & reliable supply of electricity.