This is an exciting opportunity to be able to support the infrastructure and design of our new R&D Center in Mason, OH. You will interact with our sales force, customers and our HQ in Germany and be working with project teams to convert requirement into technical concepts considering different technologies with the best cost/performance ratio. You will have the excitement and challenges of a startup combined with the security and benefits of a global company.
* Implement applicable product safety standards into design concept to ensure the compliance according to applicable to UL, CSA and/or IEC standards.
* Participate on project teams to develop clear specifications, evaluate feasibility of concepts, and provide formal estimate of electrical circuit design.
* Work directly with Mechanical design team to ensure comprehensive/integrated electrical solutions are developed to meet performance and regulatory requirements.
* Cooperation with external certification organizations to achieve required international certificates (e.g. UL, CSA, FM)
* Prepare necessary internal technical documentation for the respective approvals.
* Maintenance and care of existing approvals during the entire product life cycle in case of changes in the product or the standards.
* Prepare necessary internal technical documentation for the respective approvals
* Broad range of electrical engineering tasks including digital and analog circuit design, simulation, schematics capture, pcb layout prototyping, testing, and debugging.
Experience and Skills:
* Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
* Minimum 3 years of experience in designing and testing electronic circuits.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in generating PCB layouts and schematics by using applicable software.
* Experience and knowledge of embedded firmware and microprocessors.
* Ability to use circuit layout and analysis software, code compilers and software IDE platforms.
* Working knowledge of various regulatory requirements for product safety certification.
* Familiar with product Safety standards such as UL 61010-1.
Festo is a global player and an independent family-owned company with headquarters in Esslingen am Neckar, Germany. Festo has set standards in industrial automation technology and technical education ever since its establishment, thereby making a contribution to sustainable development of the environment, the economy and society. The company supplies pneumatic and electrical automation technology to 300,000 customers of factory and process automation in over 35 industries. The LifeTech sector with medical technology and laboratory automation is becoming increasingly important. The products and services are available in 176 countries. With about 20,700 employees in over 250 branch offices in 61 countries worldwide, Festo achieved a turnover of around 3.36 billion in 2021. Each year around 7% of this turnover is invested in research and development. In this learning company, 1.5 % of turnover is invested in basic and further training. Festo Didactic SE is a leading provider of technical education and training and offers its customers worldwide comprehensive digital and physical learning solutions in the industrial environment.