The Mid-Level Application Developer contributes towards the development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client's data across numerous sources. The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of multiple development environments and languages such as .NET C#, Java, SQL and scripting. The primary function of this role is the integration of applications with Merkle's marketing database solutions and third-party web/cloud services to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to create middle-ware (SOA) services, back-end, and front-end web components for Merkle's renowned marketing solutions.
* Work as part of a global team in a matrix organization.
* Developing n-tier applications and middle-ware services that could include:
Internal applications used across the enterprise
Consumer and client facing web applications
Web services interfacing with third-party and client applications.
* Hands-on development and support of client deliverables including:
Deliver high quality code and design documents with minimal supervision
Be versatile and willing to take on new challenges across different projects and technologies
Design solutions to meet client needs
Key Skills and Experience
* Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
* Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables concurrently
* Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science or related IT field, or relevant professional experience
* 2-3+ years of application development experience
* Solid Java development experience
* .NET development experience a plus
* Proficiency and/or experience with most of the following technologies:
* Experience/ interest in developing Web Services (SOAP or RESTful) and microservices
* Familiarity with web security fundamentals, types of attacks, and remediation
* Familiarity with web servers (IIS, JBOSS)
* Experience within cloud technology; AWS, GCP and/or Azure (AWS a plus)
* Experience with multiple Operating Systems (Linux, Red Hat Linux, UNIX, Windows Server)
* Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Version Control systems (Subversion, git), Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle Processes (waterfall; agile)
* Experience with the understanding of ETL concepts, processes, and tools such as SSIS (Talend a plus)
* Exposure to any of the following database platforms helpful - MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift
* Experience in database marketing a plus
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.