eDiscovery Complex Analytics - Lead Data Engineer - Risk & Financial Advisory
Our Discovery professionals assist clients and their legal counsel collect, preserve, and analyze large and disparate data to support or refute the facts and allegations of commercial investigations and complex litigation. We combine our computer forensic and investigative skills with advanced discovery labs and cutting-edge technology to offer innovative solutions to our clients' complex legal problems. Deloitte Discovery helps counsel and companies control the costs and mitigate the risks associated with the discovery process. Within our operations, Deloitte Discovery is comprised of the following Computer Forensics, Discovery Advisory Services, Document Review Services and Electronic Discovery.
e-Discovery Complex Analytics - Lead Data Engineer
Work You'll Do
* Identify appropriate software, custom scripts, or in-house development to solve specific issues.
* Evaluate, develop, and test custom scripts to address issues utilized as short term solutions.
* Ability to retrieve data within or across multiple environments to identify anomalies or define the scope of an issue.
* Escalate when challenges are encountered that alter the work plan.
* Provide clear and concise updates & ad-hoc reports to Project Managers which may be delivered directly to a client.
In 2008, Deloitte Transactions and Business Analytics LLP (DTBA) opened a new facility in Nashville, TN for e-discovery and computer forensics work. DTBA's E-Discovery Solutions Center ("EDSC") continues to increase the capacity, quality, and efficiency of DTBA' s e-file processing by utilizing state-of-the-art technology in a dedicated environment. We are looking for dedicated individuals to join DTBA's Analytic & Forensic Technology practice and help drive the success of the EDSC.
* Bachelor's degree
* Education or experience analyzing business problems, transactional data, or unstructured data.
* Strong (5+ years) SQL development (DML and DDL), Stored Procedure authorship, and SQL optimization are a must and mandatory for consideration for this position.
* Helpful to have software engineering experience or 5+ years of application support, development, maintenance of relational database technologies.
* Knowledge of common e-Discovery tools is a plus (i.e. Concordance, Relativity, Ringtail, IPRO, Recommind, or Clearwell)
* Scripting experience with C#, Perl, Python, Batch file creation, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic is a plus.
* Hands on experience with both traditional (boolean and key word search) as well as concept-based search tools and technologies is a plus.
* Experience in handling multiple concurrent complex activities within a technical environment
* Ability to identify project issues and escalate in a timely manner.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both internal staff and clients.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
* Ability to travel up to 10% for client service projects (While the ability to travel based on the requirements of client service projects is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose... defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.