The Software Developer will serve the BrainHealth Project Initiative at the Center for BrainHealth. This is a hands-on technical position that creates complex integrated software and application solutions for a variety of research and business objectives. The candidate will bring a combination of solid coding background, strong computer science fundamentals, and an aptitude to apply cutting- edge technologies at scale. This position requires collaboration with fellow software engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve. The Software Developer will need to have a diverse and flexible skill set and be able to develop for a wide array of technology platforms and frameworks including mobile, web, Internet of Things (IoT), wearables, and embedded devices. They will have experience or the ability to build complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers. The Software Developer will apply their knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and security and operations.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree – Engineering or Computer Science. – Equivalent level of education and/or experience acceptable. – One to three years in the following areas: 1) Software development experience using programming languages such as C++, .Net, Java and Python. 2) Hardware, software and/or security systems design, test, and implementation experience in a technology based enterprise. 3) Data analysis experience to include use and deployment of supporting tools and platforms.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science or comparable experience
· 1-2 years of experience working as part of a professional application development team
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Node.js and related ecosystem (preference for Express experience)
· Experience using front-end technologies such as React, Angular, or Vue (preference for React experience)
· Experience using GraphQL and RESTful web API principles.
· Experience with RDMS and NoSQL databases and when to use each.
· Experience with Cloud computing platforms especially AWS
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331.
The University of Texas at Dallas is an innovative institution in the heart of North Texas on the path to achieving Tier One national research university status.UT Dallas has grown since its founding in 1969 to include 132 degree programs, with cutting-edge curricula serving a variety of undergraduate and graduate student interests.The University continues its original commitment to providing some of the state's most-lauded science and engineering programs and has also gained prominence for a breadth of educational paths, from criminology to biomedical engineering to arts and technology.The wealth of learning resources available to UT Dallas students is the result of a concentrated effort to attract the top minds on both ends of the classroom relationship. Joining the faculty's Nobel laureate and four National Academies members since 2005 are more than 200 tenure and tenure-track professors hailing from the world's best colleges, including Harvard, MIT, Cambridge and Columbia University. In addition, UT Dallas is home to more than 50 centers, labs and institutes that facilitate research and opportunities for hands-on learning. Students, meanwhile, arrive at UT Dallas well-prepared ...to succeed in higher education: In 2011, nearly 39 percent of freshmen ranked in the top 10 percent of their high school class, and 75 percent ranked in the top 25 percent.With an eye on building a future as bright as its beginnings, UT Dallas will continue its push to attain Tier One research university status and produce graduates who are well-equipped to succeed professionally.