Software Engineers at Merkle will use their exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail to develop complex web-based projects and performant APIs. They are inquisitive by nature and enjoy working with various programming languages across multiple platforms and microservices where they employ their knowledge of writing high quality, maintainable, and scalable software. A Senior Software Engineer at Merkle knows that data is paramount to measuring a program's success and uses their knowledge of secure data handling as well as CCPA and GDPR regulations to develop custom reports for our clients. They use their deep knowledge of software development best practices to mentor more junior developers on the team as well as architect complex programs. Senior Software Engineers work within a mixed-discipline team to collaborate on delivering projects that meet our clients' needs while ensuring that the end user experience is performant, intuitive, and free of issues in an agile environment.
Description & Responsibilities:
Collaborate with other software engineers, front-end developers, quality assurance specialists, designers, and project managers to architect and deliver quality and maintainable software that meets the client's objectives
* Implement enhancements to core platforms and microservices
* Scope projects and breaking down requirements into manageable tasks
* Write technical specifications, training materials, and documentation for core platforms and client programs
* Develop best practices and technology efficiencies to streamline workflow
* Work alongside client tech partners and 3rd party vendors to align on business requirements
* 2+ years of experience.
* BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent experience
* 2+ years of experience developing and working on Node.js based projects
* Experience debugging and troubleshooting web-based projects
* Experience writing automated tests
* Experience designing and documenting APIs
* Experience mentoring team members
* Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
* May have full-stack development experience
* May have experience with Linux systems administration
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good--for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.