In this position you will serve as a valuable member of our SCADA/EMS team performing system administration duties on our Energy Management System and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition systems.
Additional responsibilities will include:
With supervision, maintain SCADA HMI (human-machine interface) to facilitate user usability including one-line screens, historian reporting, display updating, and troubleshooting stale or inaccurate data from Wabash Valley Power and third parties via ICCP etc.
With supervision, administer the Energy Management System (EMS) including assisting in upgrades, routine maintenance, system administration, system security, back up testing, making corrections, monitoring load/generation data for accuracy and reliability, managing and updating databases utilizing OSI Monarch SCADA system software.
Function as a WVPA SCADA/Help Desk support person and provide SCADA\EMS system end user assistance for Wabash Valley Power field engineers, business units and membership.
Prepare and transmit daily reports for various power transmission associations such as ACES, Midwest ISO, and PJM Transmission.
With supervision, perform maintenance, and system administration of the OSI Monarch SCADA system software including system patching activities.
Responsible for Bi-directional SCADA-PI data flow for Wabash Valley and Member owned equipment. This includes Interface setup, tag in PI, and AF elements and addition of new data relating to new SCADA implementations.
Assist with routine maintenance, and system administration of the OSI Monarch SCADA system software.
Assist with troubleshooting PI and SCADA system events as necessary including off-hour support.
Work as a liaison with application teams to evaluate or plan for new hardware/software of other system upgrades.
So what strengths will help you thrive in this position? Do you love innovation and love to exceed expectations? You dream about technology and are passionate about developing your skills. You clearly convey information effectively and utilize your technical skills and organizational skills when handling tasks. You create a collaborative work environment while understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar field required.
Internship experience with OSIi is a plus
Familiarity with scripting languages, SQL, and C is a plus
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That’s why we put employees first—your health, your family, and your development. These aren’t just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
• No Sweat - We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll cr...edit for medical insurance, an on-site fitness center for your convenience and extra vacation days for participating. We’ll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
• Flex Time - Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
• Stay in School - We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
• Keep it Casual - When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
• Work Hard, Play Hard - We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.