S&C (Software & Control) - Design center responsible for architecture and development of various visualization and information software products supporting digital transformation and operational efficiencies of companies in many industrial sectors.
The Senior Software Test Engineer participates in the testing activities for industry-leading commercial software known for its innovation and usability. In particular high performance, real-time scalable features based on Rockwell's Manufacturing Execution System (MES) are often integrated with machine automation and control systems as well as ERP software. Assignments include participation in requirements development, the architectural design of automated test systems, effort estimation, design, coding, and verification of automated test systems in all stages of the software development lifecycle. This role includes collaboration with multiple global cross-functional teams and requires strong communications skills and the ability to work effectively in large project teams. Joining the Rockwell Automation Software Development group allows to become part of a team that is committed to using reliable and well-thought-out engineering and software development practices (such as Agile/SCRUM and SAFe) as well as open and direct communications, honesty and respect.
* Designs, creates, executes and maintains tests
* Participates in reviews of documents, designs and test cases
* Develops automated tests, monitors the results and reports software defects
* Develops test documentation required by software development process
* Supports the team in functional and system requirements analysis required to design and verify added and changed functionality
* Provides work estimates and status reports as requested.
* Maintains adequate interaction to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
* Facilitates effective communication both within local team as well as with remote stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
* At least 4 years of experience on tester position in a software product development environment
* At least 2 years of experience with test automation in JAVA language
* Knowledge of web testing tools (Selenium or Marathon preferred)
* Knowledge in test management tools (e.g. qTest, TestRail)
Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live. We truly believe we are doing things never before possible. And we need the brightest minds to help make that happen – the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers.
Join a team of more than 23,000 global employees in 100+ countries as we work together to expand human possibility.