Responsible for all aspects of development and support for internally created or supported application software. This includes the end-to-end integration of software solutions to support the delivery of services across the agency. Directs the development and deployment of secured and highly available information systems to mitigate risks, maintain continuity of operations and safeguard the agency's information assets. This position manages a team of software engineers and must effectively prioritize development work, manage resource allocations and ensure adherence to industry standards and best practices. Collaborates with cross-functional teams within IT and the agency to maintain transparency, manage expectations and convey realistic timelines for the deployment and maintenance of technology solutions.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Supervises, plans and coordinates all activities related to the design, development, implementation and maintenance of information systems and software applications. Ensure support for around-the-clock technological services.
2. Prioritize the development and enhancement requests for all internally developed or supported applications. Champions the enhancement of systems to increase automation and improve visibility into system performance and usage.
3. Partner with information technology staff and system owners in the development of new applications features to ensure products meet modern business requirements. Recommends changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user.
4. Oversees Software Engineering team responsible for custom enterprise solutions and low code departmental solutions. Manages, plans, directs, coordinates and reviews the work of assigned staff, including hiring, performance management, coaching and training.
5. Oversees the end-to-end integration of software components to support the effective and efficient delivery of services across the agency.
6. Ensure new software integrations into company systems meet functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications. Ensures the adoption of industry best practices in all aspects of software and solution development.
7. Monitor project status and resource allocation regularly to ensure deliverables are consistent with customer expectations.
8. Partner with other IT managers and staff in the development and implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, processes and support systems; participates in the development and implementation of agency-wide information technology policies and service-level standards.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or similar required.
A minimum of ten (10) years total credited experience*.
Ten (10) years of experience in application or database architecture is preferred.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the "credited experience".
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA: Grade 20, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time
Selection Process– Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of: 1. Application Review/ Please Include: Cover Letter and Resume 2. Panel Interview 3. Reference Check/ Criminal Records Check
Supplemental Information: Make sure you describe in detail how your education, training and work experience fit with this role. You are encouraged to attach a resume, cover letter, training certificates and/or letters of recommendation with your application. You are permitted five attachments of less than 5MB each. Internal applicants: Information in your personnel file will not be used in lieu of information requested on your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you are a qualified veteran and would like to apply for veterans' preference points, you will need to reflect your status on the application and attach supporting documentation at the time of application submission.
If you need accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act for any part of the application process, contact our Human Resources staff at 503-962-7505, or the TTY line at 7-1-1. Note that we require a minimum of two workdays' notice prior to the need for accommodation. TriMet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing an organization that is reflective of and sensitive to the needs of the diverse community we serve, including veterans, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.
TriMet falls under the proposed vaccine mandate and while there is not a current mandate in place, any incoming employee must be willing to get vaccinated if/when the mandate becomes effective.
TriMet provides bus, light rail and commuter rail service in the Portland, Oregon, region. Our transportation options connect people with their community, while easing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution — making our region a better place to live.