Stryker is currently seeking an engineer to be responsible for leading manufacturing transfer activities. The ideal candidate will have a biomedical, mechanical, or electrical engineering background with manufacturing experience in the medical device, aerospace or automotive industries. This is a growth opportunity which will allow someone to pursue a career in project management, and work for a global leader in the medical device industry.
Advanced Operations is leading the creation of a global team dedicated to achieving excellence in Manufacturing Transfer (MT) This role will support our Manufacturing Transfer team being a Key Enabler of transformation delivering on "cost out" opportunities to become a global competitive advantage.
Location: Cestas, France
Applicants should submit their resume in English.
Oversee manufacturing transfer projects from beginning to end
Identify processes to be implemented and manage the introduction of new capital equipment and support the associated qualification and validation activities
Evaluate process layouts in terms of supporting new process integration while ensuring best utilization of floor space and optimum process flow
Ensure quality of process and product
Participate in PFMEA, Control Plan, SOP and PPAP generation associated with product transfers and launches
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or apprenticeship in engineering field and at least two years of experience
Fluent in both English and French
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Self-starter, with excellent ability to analyze and problem solve
Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and results-oriented team environment
Ability to learn a variety of different manufacturing technologies
Good knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design
Experience in GD&T, validation, design controls, six sigma and PPAP is preferred
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK