Our technology team continues to push the boundary of innovation and modernization every day. Given our agile nature we are able to bring new ideas and transform the way we do technology. TransUnion is a defining leader in bringing seamless solutions to enhance the way our clients build trust, and it all starts with our people. No idea is too small and no problem is too big. You'll have the ability to put your skills to the test and see how your contributions continue to move the needle.
What You'll Bring:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 10+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
* 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes/containers
* 7+ years of Management experience in DevOps, Release Engineering, Databases or Software Engineering
* Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining highly available applications in the cloud is a plus
* Leadership and project management experience with strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks.
* Demonstrated experience working in agile environments
* Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, deployment, and implementation.
* Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and managing software in production environment and container-based service deployment using Docker and ability to use various open source technologies. Skills in infrastructure automation tools, for example, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt is a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
* Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities.
* Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Ability to work under pressure, multiple deadlines and minimal supervision
Impact You'll Make:
Define and execute on vision, strategy and roadmaps for SRE and DevOps teams, Play a strategic role in the build of state-of-the-art application/infrastructure systems with the high emphasis on security and scalability
Partner with application and business stakeholders to ensure high quality product is developed and released into production. Establish and periodically update the Release Policy which governs the release process and details release categories, release activities, role & responsibilities, exception, etc.
Own end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence; eventually automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
Ensure best engineering practices through automation, infrastructure as code, robust system monitoring, alerting, auto scaling, self healing, etc...
Drive and own the measuring of SLA/uptime and ensure organization is meeting set goals
Assist in designing and implementing monitoring systems
Analyze system failures and develop rapid response processes to ensure such failures do not reoccur
Ensure the timely releases of the team's projects to production and remove any impediments as they arise
Work closely with Enterprise Architecture and Information Security to specify and document solutions and practices.
Keep abreast with evolving threats/risks, industry trends and work to implement best practices in the organization.
Mentor, coach and motivate the teams to perform at the highest level
Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills - Lead by example to empower and challenge the team to deliver their best.
Create, maintain and update system documentation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:
Sr Manager, Infrastructure Engineering and Provisioning