As a Project Embedded Firmware Engineer, you will be working within a self-organized and cross-functional team of engineers, developing firmware for various Rockwell Automation products. Your responsibilities will include reviewing requirements, preparing and reviewing design documents, programming in C/C++, as well as analyzing and fixing bugs and issues. Rockwell Automation is dedicated to advancing new technologies and focused on providing better solutions for industrial automation. With a strong focus on continuous improvement, you will have the opportunity to work in a high-tech environment where creativity is encouraged and rewarded.
- Continuous Delivery and Integration (GIT, Test Automation, Python, Jenkins)
- Security, Industry Standards and Certification (ODVA, TUV, CIP, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related IT degree
- Practical software development experience using software lifecycle development methodologies (software requirements analysis, software design, software testing)
- Practical programming experience (C/C++, Python or similar languages)
Basic networking knowledge and experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of practical experience with C/C++ and embedded software development
- Practical knowledge of embedded security concepts and principles
- Experience in programming with use of RTOS
- Practical experience in firmware debugging
- Knowledge of communication protocols and network device configuration
- Flexible "can do" attitude (experience in Agile software development is a plus!)
Internal Number: R21-4292
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.