Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Permanent role usually based in the Innovation Centre, Carrigtwohill. Currently fully work remote
Stryker are seeking a skilled Data Engineer with a demonstrated additional ability to create visual stories that influence and effectively communicate a product concept to help transform it into a real product. This role is focused on combining data engineering and data visualization, creating compelling and actionable insights from data that is created throughout the patient pathway. You will work at the cutting edge of digital healthcare data, employing a cloud environment to develop patient-friendly products for years to come.
You will be a key member of an innovative design team that is being formed to unlock the powerful potential of healthcare data for surgical procedures. In this team, you will work with developers from across Stryker to extract, curate and send multi-modal data from Stryker IoT devices to the cloud. In addition, you will use the cloud-based data to communicate insights from the data to various customers at all stages of product development, creating insightful and actionable storyboards from the data. You will work iteratively proof of concept and materials for our internal and external customers to drive improved patient outcomes. These products will be created from the ground up and you will drive that creation.
You will work with stakeholders throughout the Stryker organization and beyond, including colleagues in product development and marketing and our external clinical partners. You will collaborate with them from the earliest stages of product development to better understand their clinical and technological needs. Based on this understanding, you will help the team to develop end-to-end solutions that ingest multi-modal healthcare data into the cloud, visualize the data for our multiple stakeholders, an ultimately influence surgical workflows during procedures where patients are at their most vulnerable.
What you will need:
Programming Languages: Demonstrated programming skills in several of the following languages: SQL, JSON, C++, Python, R, Spark, DataBricks, Kafka Demonstrated experience in working in an Azure or similar cloud environment Business Analytics and dashboard experience with software packages like PowerBI or Tableau - Experience in developing and implementing BI dashboard and UX designs
Design and Development Skills: - Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines with data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures. - Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. - Experience deploying HL7v2/v3 or FHIR or DICOM solutions nice to have - Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as familiarity with a variety of databases. - Experience in implementing data solutions in Azure including Azure data factory, Azure function or similar - Experience in clinical customer interaction and voice of customer conversations - Experience in ideation and proof-of-concept prototyping of software products - Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured data.
Software Process Skills: - Software Development Life Cycle processes such as Agile/Scrum - Application Lifecycle Management /Traceability tools - Code development time/resource estimation to support projects. - Regulatory and compliance standards applicable for data security and privacy such as HIPAA/GDPR.
Additional Competencies: - Understand fundamental industry standards, design requirements and test strategies which align with regulatory requirements. - Additional technology competency in the Internet of Things technologies such as Azure IoT.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain data pipelines including solutions for data collection, management and usage. - Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional clinical or business requirements. - Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Azure and 'big data' technologies. - Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer data, and other business metrics. - Create data tools for analytics and maintain engineering documentation, such as design requirements or system specifications. - Collaborate with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success. - Build healthcare data BI Analytics dashboards for a variety of customers using Tableau, PowerBI, or a similar tool - Build prototype customer-facing storyboards and/or UX concepts at various stages of the product development lifecycle
What you will need
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Software Engineering or related discipline, Master's level is preferred
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. Stryker is active in over 100 countries around the world.
Together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare better.
At Stryker, quality is first in everything we do. We are driven to make healthcare better for our customers by
providing innovative products and services that meet regulatory requirements through our effective quality system.
The Company was founded in 1941 by Dr. Homer Stryker and incorporated in 1946 as the Orthopedic Frame Company. In 1964, the Company’s name was changed to Stryker Corporation.
• $13.6 billion in annual sales in 2018; annual revenue has grown for 39 straight years
• 17.1% CAGR (compound annual growth rate) in sales over 39 years
• ~36,000 employees globally in 2018
• 43 manufacturing and research & development locat...ions worldwide
• Included in the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index
• Ranked # 233 on Fortune Magazine’s “FORTUNE 500” list for 2019
• Ranked # 3 on Fortune Magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” list for the “Medical Equipment” industry for 2019
• Ranked # 11 on Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list (U.S.) for 2019
• Spent $862 million on R&D in 2018
• 7,784 patents owned globally in 2018
• Initial public offering of stock was in 1979
• Listed on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker SYK