As a Software Engineer for Rockwell Automation, you will have the opportunity to design and develop industry-leading Rockwell Automation products - PanelView 5000 family. PanelView 5510/5310 HMI devices together with Studio 5000 Designer help our customers to build modern applications more easily and improve machine operator's performance with an intuitive design environment. You will also be responsible for performing intermediate level software testing tasks including, but not limited to test development, planning, scheduling, and execution. In this position, you will be a key player in subsystem design, implementation, and testing. You will play an active role in all the stages of the development lifecycle and support your team throughout the process. You will also help ensure that developed products meet requirements and are within total quality management standards. This position will allow you to collaborate with multiple global cross-functional teams.
When you join our Software Development group, you'll become part of an agile team, one of 10+ teams that believes in knowledge sharing and collaboration and that are committed to using reliable and well-thought-out engineering and software development practices (such as Agile/SCRUM and SAFe) and technology to overcome any challenges.
We are looking for a scrum team member, a versatile software engineer. Someone who will effectively leverage a diverse set of technical backgrounds and opinions by fostering a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect. The ideal candidate will also actively seek knowledge of new developments in the software engineering, computer engineering, and test automation fields and will identify and pursue career development and training opportunities.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
* At least 2 years of experience in a software product development environment
* Proven application of C++ programming language
* Proven application of data structures and algorithms
* Proven application of object oriented design
* Proven application of design patterns
* Basic understanding of GUI development tools
* Basic understanding of databases
* Agile software development using Scrum
* Software development on both Windows and Linux
* Able to apply basic knowledge of software test methodologies
* Perform unit tests and integration tests
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Communicative English that enables collaboration with global team
* Direct experience with the Industrial Automation Industry
* Basic understanding of architecting modular software
* Experience with scaling and performance tools and technologies
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.