As a member of the RIT community, you'll receive a comprehensive employee benefits package that offers multiple options and access to additional employment advantages. You can tailor your benefit elections to meet your needs (affordable medical/dental/vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time/retirement saving plan with exceptional employer match; and tuition assistance for you and your family, to name a few).
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student-centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. Select to view links to RITs core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Masters degree from ALA-accredited program of library or information science
- 1-2 years experience in an academic, public or special library.
- Experience providing reference assistance to library users both in-person and virtually
- Demonstrated teaching and instruction skills and experience
- Experience working with research databases and tools
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication including experience working with patrons whose first language isn't English
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work productively, both independently and with a team
- Evidence of creativity and innovation
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in higher education and ability to work with faculty, students, staff and colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel, including international travel
- Ability to work non-traditional shifts when needed
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience with relevant information technology, such as integrated library systems, LibGuides and Microsoft Office including proficiency with Excel
- Initiative to provide outreach to students, faculty, and other constituencies
- Demonstrated understanding of principles and best practices of information literacy instruction
- Demonstrated knowledge of online education techniques
- Experience in selecting appropriate curricular-based materials for academic programs, and in the ongoing review of those materials
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function: Wage Band:
Required Application Documents
How to Apply
The direct link to this posting can be found here: https://sjobs.brassring.com/
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the Great Colleges to Work For. RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency