As a Senior Software Engineering, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. Collaborating with our network of global technologists will enable you to deliver diverse and inclusive software solutions.
The Spectrum Core team are looking for a talented Front End developer to join the development team. The successful candidate should be:
Curious, detail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems
Interested in all things technology, and have the ability to communicate with opinionated technologists across the company
Part of the development team that oversees a product used by thousands of people in the firm
Have a passion for open source, working in the open, collaborating with developers across the organization and staying up to date with the latest open source front end innovations.
Must have qualifications:
· 5+ years of experience within front-end development, preferably React and TypeScript.
· Significant experience in best practices of UI component development.
· Experience with single page apps connecting to REST / API services.
· Experience developing server side applications and REST APIs, ideally with Java
· Appreciation of 'quality first' software engineering process experience: code review, automated unit/integration test, CI / CD systems
· Curiosity of all things Computer Science and awareness of wide-range of technologies
· Experience with building design systems using tooling such as Lerna, semantic release, specifically for managing, building and deploying libraries. Platforms and tooling for documentation such as Gatsby and Storybook.
· Previous experience with implementing accessibility in web.
· Been part of agile delivery teams (Scrum a bonus)
· Understanding of security concerns online and off
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.