Summary Rockwell Automation is doing things never before possible. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive.
We help the world work better and people work smarter and are looking for bright minds to make that happen. The makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers. That's where you come in.
As a Project Software Engineer for Rockwell Automation, you will have the opportunity to design and develop industry-leading commercial software and applications for the cloud, known for its innovation and usability. You will work as part of a development team to balance various aspects of a project, so that we can build, test and deploy software rapidly, productively, and reliably.
You will play an active role in all the stages of the development lifecycle and support your team throughout the process. You will also help ensure that developed products and deployments meet requirements and are within total quality management standards. This position will require you to collaborate with multiple, global, cross-functional teams.
When you join our software engineering group, you become part of a team that believes in knowledge sharing and collaboration and that is committed to using reliable and well-thought-out engineering practices and technology to overcome any challenges.
We are looking for someone who will effectively leverage and learn from a diverse set of technical backgrounds and opinions by fostering a team-oriented environment and the use of open and direct communications, honesty and respect. The ideal candidate will also actively seek knowledge of new developments in the software engineering, computer engineering, and test automation fields and will identify and pursue career development and training opportunities.
What you will do
* Design and implement Grafana and Splunk dashboards for operational insights.
* Use Prometheus (or equivalent) to monitor the health of deployments.
* Develop automated runbooks for common operational tasks and resolving support escalation issues.
* Be an operations point of contact communicating with developers and customers alike.
* Document and review incidents and future resolutions, including team knowledge.
* Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management systems.
* Test implemented designs.
* Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve.
* Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
* Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
* Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
* Manage CI/CD tools with team.
* Document and design various processes; update existing processes.
* Improve infrastructure development and application development.
* Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company.
* Builds relationships and interacts with peers to ensure assigned tasks are prioritized appropriately.
* Actively seeks knowledge of new developments in the software engineering, computer engineering, and software testing fields.
* Think outside the box and research and explore new avenues to overcome obstacles by utilizing the latest technologies and standards.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
* Legal Authorization to work in the US. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
* At least 2 years of experience in a software product development environment
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
* Customer facing operations on Cloud and Mobile platforms.
* Experience with cloud services like AWS or Microsoft Azure.
* Experience with software infrastructure management including Kubernetes and Terraform.
* Experience deploying CloudOps/SRE practices.
* Knowledge of software and deployment test methodologies and automated test tools.
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, testing, and operations.
* Software development on both Windows and Linux.
* Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
* Good interpersonal and English communication (verbal and written)
Who we are We are a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, we employ approximately 23,000 problem solvers dedicated to our customers in more than 100 countries.
EEO Statement Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (844) 404-7427.
Internal Number: R21-991
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.