Responsible for the bidding process regarding large, complex issues including IT services, solutions, design or manufacturing services. Project manages the bidding process from initial contact through contract signing, with particular emphasis on establishing the trading terms. Responsible for validating and endorsing the technical solution. At the highest authority levels, signs off on bids and proposals.
* Work with Rockwell Sales to assess and respond to engineering, consulting, project and support services opportunities
* Work to pre-defined SLAs
* Close cooperation and communication with customers, Rockwell Sales and Field Engineers/Consultants, to explore, understand and define the functional requirements ensuring we expand and maximize the opportunity.
* Understand the customers application needs and be able to scope a conceptual design for Rockwell Automation solutions, including but not limited to Field Engineering Projects
* Prepare technical and commercial quotations to meet the needs of the customer but also be compliant with our internal policies, financial goals and expectations
* Demonstrate the ability to expand the scope of services requested by incorporating the full portfolio of Rockwell Automation offerings
* Provide regular feedback on activity status to the assigned Sales Account Manager, Business Unit Leads Local Country Management and Proposal Manager
* Comply with the Quality Management System.
Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other employees.
Key Result Areas:
* Ability to drive complex proposals to completion
* Eager to learn and keep yourself at the front of industrial automation and IT/OT solutions
* Self-motivated with the ability to develop an effective internal network in a matrix based organization
* Effective business communication skills, both presenting, active listening and written
* Set and meet expectations to stakeholders in the proposal process
* The ability to network and influence peers and others to achieve results
* Collaborate and communicate with sales managers and the Customer, Service & Maintenance organization to co-ordinate project plans and execution of proposals
* Co-ordinate with direct sales forces on selected account strategies
* Excellent communication skills to foster an open environment and an excellent work culture
* Demonstrates behaviour in accordance with Rockwell Automation values
* Proactive networking skills in order to secure stakeholder commitment
* You will have the lead to generate proposals for engineering, consulting, projects and Services within a broad scope of industrial Automation and IT/OT.
* In the job, you will be able to expand both your technical and commercials skills based on one of the broadest Services offerings in the market. You will be part of a European, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) highly skilled proposal team.
* Tasks will include management of the bidding process from Sales Bid Request, gathering information, Scope definition, optimized Solution design and costing.
In the entire process, you will work closely with Sales, Solution Specialists, local Service Manager and Global proposal team.
* Our focus of this role is to ensure delivery of high quality and winning proposals in accordance with Rockwell Automation processes and procedures that meet the requirements and sustain the value proposition for our customers.
* Typically 5 or more years' experience in either Field Based Engineering role or Previous Proposal Experience in an Industrial Automation environment.
* Demonstrated ability to positively interact with both internal and external customers
* Has demonstrated experience of working in a high pressure environment whilst being able to keep focus on the end goal.
* Creative thinker who uses initiative and drives process improvements
* Mandatory to have a BSc in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent engineering experience
* Strong broad automation background
* Proven skills in defining automation solutions and costing for technical projects
* Commercial flair to support Sales in winning proposed projects
* German speaker and fluent in English (verbal and written) are a pre-requsite
Internal Number: R21-1414
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.