Instrument/Electrical Engineer - Palmyra, MO-2002353 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine in 2020 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Instrument/Electrical Engineer (2002353) - Palmyra, MO
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking an experienced engineering professional like you to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for engineering of new installations or upgrades to electrical, instrumentation, and/or control systems within a chemical manufacturing site containing multiple active-ingredient plants and one packaging facility, as well as support-areas like utilities and incineration. You will also serve as a critical technical resource for operations, reliability, and maintenance support, and work with our team to help establish and maintain consistency across our site, in areas such as instrumentation, control systems, electrical safety, electrical classifications, communications protocols, power distribution, electrical codes and standards, and BASF guidance and requirements relevant to manufacturing processes and equipment operation.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education and experience, you will be responsible for the interpretation and adherence to BASF Technical Standards, industry standards, and applicable regulatory and design codes, as applicable to specific jobs and projects.
* Demonstrating your advanced knowledge and accumulated experience in providing technical guidance, you will provide engineering technical support during all phases of project execution, technical assistance for commissioning / startup and troubleshooting operational systems, assisting maintenance, etc., and will review, validate/challenge, and provide constructive feedback on new and revised BASF Technical Standards and Site Practices relating to Instrumentation, Controls, and/or Electrical engineering.
* Using your background and proven organizational skills, you will specify Instruments, Controls, and Electrical Equipment and requirements for equipment, obtain Vendor Quotes and direct or provide technical support for equipment procurement, as well as address action-items required by Operations or EHS, all while meeting time and budget requirements.
* Leading in improvement and sustainability efforts, you will provide project Instrument, Electrical, and Controls design and documentation for simple to complex jobs and projects by working with project managers, manufacturing representatives, engineering contractors, and other design discipline engineers.
* Striving for innovation and thinking analytically, you will review BASF Safety and Loss Prevention standards, Ecology Standards, and governmental codes and regulations for changes affecting projects, jobs, designs, and retrofits.
* Your effective communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills will be evident as you act as one of BASF's representatives for Electrical/Instrumentation/Controls design and engineering, review quotes and designs with project managers, act as I&E Construction Manager and/or I&E Engineering Lead for medium- to large-scope projects, share responsibilities with senior I&E Engineers and delegate tasks to team resources, and support Site Capital Projects executed by site or area project managers.
* Successfully engaging within the organization, you will set up and lead meetings with other departments, contractors, and suppliers, and in f requent and constructive interactions with Operations, Maintenance, I&E Team members, and the I&E Team Lead.
* Demonstrating your proficiency in computer-based business systems, you will enter purchase requisitions, project information, and work-requests, and track and coordinate progress for your jobs and projects.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
Primary Location: US-MO-Palmyra
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APT/AHS-HAN Engineering-63017776
Internal Number: 633760
About BASF Corporation
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.