1) Test functionalities prior to each release on each tier.
2) Responsible for testing the product to be compliant with technical specifications and policy requirements.
3) Implement automated testing tools.
4) Contribute to Master Test Plan and Strategy by identifying appropriate test techniques and tools that ensure product quality and test completion.
5) Develop the test case documents according to the Master Test Plan/Test Strategy.
6) Facilitate triage of defects and assist in defect investigation and escalation.
7) Walk through the test results with the team and communicate status to management and project leadership.
8) Weekend/Evening hours infrequent but occasional.
1) Proficient in one or more common programming languages.
2) Detailed knowledge of software verification and validation processes and procedures.
3) Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills.
4) Understanding of Agile Process and ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
5) Ability and willingness to acquire new programming languages, learn about statistical and machine learning methods.
6) Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
7) Excellent technical and communication skills.
1) Advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a relevant quantitative field.
1) 2+ years of professional QA experience in testing activities.
2) 1+ years experience coding in Python.
3) Experience designing and evaluating tests for web applications and APIs.
4) Experience with unit testing, test case development, automated regression testing.
5) UX/UI testing and browser test automation (Selenium) experience.
6) Unix/Linux experience.
7) Version control experience.
9) Experience with high performance/ cloud computing and performance/scalability testing.
10) Unix/Linux programming or system administration experience.
11) Continuous integration experience.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08300
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.