1) The Lead QA Automation Engineer in the Center for Translational Data Science will work with cloud computing infrastructure based on OpenStack and AWS to lead all aspects of quality assurance and manage a QA team.Â
2) In this role,Â you will lead end to end testing for large-scale data intensive systems. You will join a cross functional team dedicated to building biomedical data commons in support of data-driven cancer research. Our work lies at the intersection of cutting edge research and production systems, both in terms of the bioinformatics and the computer science principles being utilized. The data commons we are building offer some of the world's largest collections of biomedical data for scientific research and discovery.
3) The Lead QA Automation Engineer will lead the QA team by providing technical authority and oversight for all aspects for our software and system quality. You will work hands-on at a high technical level with a main focus on QA automation. The Lead QA Automation Engineer will also be solving big quality challenges, coaching team members and influencing other teams and managers the art of quality testing and automation. You will also work with the technical leadership team to define and implement a long-term vision of quality features for the entire ecosystem including hybrid cloud platforms, systems orchestration, API development, data analytics, and user interfaces.
4) Responsible for defining and implementing the project Software Quality Assurance Plan, overall testing strategy, and execution of the test automation process.
5) Develop and add automated functional, regression, and performance tests in existing test framework.
6) Help define, build and maintain CI/CD and grow automation infrastructure.
7) Responsible for leading testing activities required for the product to be compliant with technical specifications and policy requirements.
8) Lead and contribute to efforts for test functionalities prior to each release on each tier (QA, Stage and Production) and oversee triage of defects and assist in defect investigation and escalation
9) 5% travel time.
1) Ability to prioritize and manage workload to meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
2) Confidentiality related to sensitive matters such as strategic initiatives, trade secrets, quiet periods, and scientific discoveries yet to be put in the public domain.
3) Ability to take a broad plan and break it into incremental tasks and oversee the completion of each task.
4) Ability to come into a team used to minimal supervision and oversight and ensure accountability for deliverables and outcomes.
5) Ability to persuade others to adapt new structures or systems in order to meet objectives.
1) Advanced degree in computer science,mathematics, statistics, engineering, or a relevant quantitative field.
1) 4+ years of professional QA experience in testing activities for all phases of the testing lifecycle in an agile environment.
2) 1+ years of team lead experience as a software engineer or QA engineer
3) Experience with unit testing, test case development and management, test automations, and performance/load testing.
4) Experience with modern testing solutions such as Cucumber, Selenium, LoadRunner, JMeter, Locust, etc
6) Version control experience.
7) Experience with large scale cloud applications (in OpenStack or AWS or GCP).
8) Unix/Linux programming or system administration experience.
9) CI/CD experience.
10) Experience in an Agile Scrum environment.
11) Familiarity with genomics.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08271
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.