Evaporated Coatings Inc. (ECI), a leader in the thin film coatings industry, is currently seeking an experienced sales & marketing professional to join our sales team. If you have a science or engineering degree, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and are looking for an opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and growing organization serving the vibrant photonics industry, we are interested in talking with you.
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, the Sales Engineer is part of a multi-disciplinary team directly involved with maintaining and growing the company’s sales and market position in a rapidly growing optics community. This role includes solving problems for customers and developing unique solutions for their technical challenges. This position works closely with manufacturing, quality, engineering, and management to develop new opportunities and solutions for our customers. Candidates should possess effective communication skills, a love for attacking technical challenges, and be willing to grow their engineering and managerial knowledge for the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Consultation: Advise present and potential customers on the best coating(s) to fit their specific applications and requirements including spectral performance, environmental needs, and budgetary considerations.
* Analysis: Develop accurate quotations which include the utilization of thin film design software (consider possible fixture designs, packaging, outside vendor services and optimal thin film design).
* Customer Management: Maintain current customer base by providing excellent customer service. Manage tracking order status and shipment schedule. Respond to all customer questions and concerns in a timely manner.
* Business Development: Expand current customer base by responding to incoming inquiries, attending trade shows, customer site visits, word of mouth, personal contacts, and other marketing activities.
* Customer Service Become a driven and enthusiastic partner to each customer’s business by providing timely and accurate information and technical assistance.
* Communication Skills Excellent telephone, e-mail and written communication skills are required.
* Detail Oriented Accurately produce quotations that include all relevant technical information and coating requirements. Work closely with engineering, production, quality and purchasing personnel to create the best solution for our customers.
* Software and Web Proficiency Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Software including Access desired. Ability to manage social media, implement online marketing campaigns and update company website. Knowledge of Solid Works, CorelDRAW or Photoshop would be an added plus.
* Priority Setting / Time Management Prioritize workflow and manage time to accomplish corporate goals and meet deadlines for quotations and marketing activities.
* BA/BS in Engineering or Science field, MBA a plus
* 3-5 years previous sales engineering experience preferred
* Previous experience in optics or coatings preferred
* Strong Communication Skills, both written and oral
* Excellent Computer Skills
* Desire to enter the dynamic and growing optics market
Additional Salary Information: Compensation and Benefits:
* Compensation is commensurate with experience
* Health insurance package
* 401k program with company match and profit-sharing program
* Vacation and sick leave benefits
* Life insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance
* 9 paid holidays
Internal Number: Evaporated Coatings Inc.
About EVAPORATED COATINGS INC
Evaporated Coatings, Inc. (www.evaporatedcoatings.com) is a leading manufacturer of thin film optical coatings specializing in innovative and custom designed solutions for glass, plastics, fiber optic devices, semiconductors, and crystals. ECI has been supplying high precision optical coatings for 60 years. Its mission is to be the finest thin film coating resource for customers located in the US and around the world. In addition, it seeks to create a work environment which is conducive to the mutual growth and development of the employees and the company.
ECI must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. Because of the ITAR, ECI must limit employment opportunities to US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage, or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.