Folio Photonics is a dynamic startup company focused on commercialization of terabyte-scale optical archiving technology aimed at addressing the significant problems of data archiving in the age of burgeoning production of digital data. Our group is composed of talented individuals that work to bring this technology to market.
Senior Optical Engineer/Scientist will work on modeling, construction and test of the optical pickup unit (OPU) for the optical drive needed to read and write data on our multilayer optical films. The candidate will collaborate with our servo, electrical, and opto-mechanical engineers to develop an adaptive optical system. These tasks will require a degree of creativity and problem solving skills.
· Construct, align, and test the optical system, for writing and reading fluorescence in Folio Photonics’ multilayer films which involves high precision mechanical infrastructure and motion controls for read/write and tracking/servo functions
· Conduct experiments on optical data writing/reading
· Collect, compile, and present data, for internal use and to show progress to attract investment
· Development of basic test setups, test protocols, and reports
· Display good interpersonal skills to work with our cross-functional team
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic with desire to deliver results
· Provide overall support to the Folio Photonics team
· A Ph.D. in optical engineering, optics or physics is preferred, but anyone with hands-on experience with optical systems design and construction is encouraged to apply.
· Knowledge of optical modeling and design software platforms
About Folio Photonics
Folio Photonics id developing a multi-terabyte multilayer fluorescent optical disc with a decades long shelf- life, small environmental footprint, and low total cost of ownership. This represents a significant and much needed breakthrough for the archival and nearline data storage industry. Folio technology's benefits include: lowest industry price per gigabyte; lower datacenter costs by reducing electricity required to spin disks and cool space; reduced rates of re-archiving previously archived data, and giving users fast access to more data for analysis, trend spotting, and informed decision making.
BACK TO TOP
WORKinOPTICS.com is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else OSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at WORKinOPTICS.com.