Performs the evaluation of current state, design of future state and implement best in class lean processes to improve overall productivity.
· Manufacturing Processes: Drive implementation of appropriate lean tools, e.g. VSM, Standard Work, Pull Systems, Variation Reduction, Visual Controls etc. to maximize productivity and throughput while minimizing lead-time and WIP.
· Transactional Processes: Implements the appropriate lean tools, e.g. VSM, Transactional Process Improvement, Variation Reduction, etc. to maximize productivity and minimize lead time in the front and back office areas.
· Vision/Strategy: Participate in the development of the Lean Roadmap in support of the company’s overall strategy and improvement in KPIs.
· Profitability and Growth: Assist in identifying and supporting opportunities of process improvement to enhance profitability and growth.
· Strong analytical problem solving skills, with demonstrated ability to execute 8D methodologies, identifying root cause through 5 Why approach.
· Identify relevant CI training needs, develop CI training program, and deliver training.
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
· Five (5) years of experience in Continuous Improvement in a medium-size manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated knowledge of, and familiarity with, a variety of Lean Tools including but are not limited to: VSM, Standard Work, Pull Systems & Kanban, SIOP, Daily Management, 5S/Visual Management, 3P, SMED, TPM, Transactional Process Improvement, Variation Reduction Kaizen & Six Sigma, etc
· Ability to read, analyze, interpret and present data; data driven
· Ability to speak professionally with internal and external customers at all levels
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to promote cooperation between all functional groups within the organization.
· Hands-on, resourceful leader, with a balance of technical and business acumen
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment handling multiple priorities at any given time, with a high sense of urgency
Internal Number: R000471
About Celera Motion
Novanta is a leading global supplier of core technology solutions that give medical and advanced industrial original equipment manufacturers (“OEMs”) a competitive advantage. We combine deep proprietary technology expertise and competencies in photonics, vision and precision motion with a proven ability to solve complex technical challenges. This enables Novanta to engineer core components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance, tailored to our customers’ demanding applications. The driving force behind our growth is the team of innovative professionals who share a commitment to innovation and customer success. Novanta’s common shares are quoted on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “NOVT”.