Drive the customer designs (Design to Order) products internally in CT Organization
· Support Cambridge Technology improvement initiatives, such as portfolio simplification, one global quotation process,
· Support regular Customer communication and product updates
· Build and update comprehensive Sales Tools with product management. Builds training and support to global application teams, sales teams, and customer services.
· Do competitive research. You have a pulse on the finger of our customers, users and stakeholders. You support the Voice-of Customer (VOC) process
· You support and execute deep competitive analysis to ensure that our price reflects the product value and is market competitive. You are joined at the hip with Sales to ensure bids reflect best business judgment to maximize gross margins, gain share and meet the competitive environment.
· You analyze and build tailor made quotations for large contracts. You research best alternatives with the product managers
· Works with Marketing Communications to execute appropriate communication plans to promote the overall product capability and brand suite.
· Must have proven experience in product management and/or product marketing, including project and program management.
· Minimum 3 years of working experience, in marketing, project/program management, business development, in a quality-driven global organization. Direct experience in an industry using laser based optical solutions is a significant plus.
· Must have demonstrated abilities in all facets of product life cycle management, including Voice of Customer (VOC), market/product road-mapping, and stage gate-based process implementation.
· Business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit: Experience in growing a business through creative ideation. Ability to recognize possible innovation opportunities
· Should have strong ability to analyze complex situations and reach conclusions through logical process of elimination and reasoned fact based decision making.
· Experience in managing cross-functional activities. Project Management skills. Should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; exhibit strong listening and feedback skills; and have the ability to provide clear direction.
· Positive attitude, driven to win, desire to work with customers.
· Sense of urgency with personal commitment to the products’ market success.
· Team player that is respectful of customers, peers, subordinates and supervisors.
· BS in Engineering, Business Management or a related field
· MBA and/or other advance degree is a plus
Internal Number: R000461
About Cambridge Technology
Novanta is a leading global supplier of core technology solutions that give medical and advanced industrial original equipment manufacturers (“OEMs”) a competitive advantage. We combine deep proprietary technology expertise and competencies in photonics, vision and precision motion with a proven ability to solve complex technical challenges. This enables Novanta to engineer core components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance, tailored to our customers’ demanding applications. The driving force behind our growth is the team of innovative professionals who share a commitment to innovation and customer success. Novanta’s common shares are quoted on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “NOVT”.