Leads multi-disciplinary/cross-functional project teams to ensure that products are developed in accordance with Celera Motion’s ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 compliant Product Develop Process as well as all applicable regulatory requirements.
· Creates project schedules and budgets in collaboration with technical project leads and functional managers, and then continually tracks and manages technical and schedule risks to ensure adherence to these schedules and budgets throughout the project execution timeline.
· Effectively communicates project status, KPIs, risks, and mitigation plans with key stakeholders on a regular basis.
· Leads project teams to ensure successful transfer to manufacturing and ultimately success in the market place.
· B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering preferred)
· 3+ years design engineering experience leading to at least 5 years of technical project engineering leadership managed within a structured development environment, preferably within a precision instrumentation or electro-optics setting.
· Strong knowledge of program management fundaments employing both traditional and Agile management techniques.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills across many domains
· Demonstrated passion to be highly organized and process driven.
· Positive, can-do attitude, with strong engagement skills and ability to influence positive outcomes with a sense of urgency and personal commitment to market success, always tempered by a high moral and business code of conduct.
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently while being flexible enough to change priorities with short notice when necessary.
· Strong communication and presentation skills demonstrating the ability to communicate complex concepts in easy to understand ways to colleagues, internal stakeholders, and customers.
· Excellent working knowledge of common software tools such as including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, JIRA and MS Project.
· MS/MBA or equivalent
· Experience with the development and operation of high performance motion control, robotics, or precision industrial, or medical automation products, applications and technology
Must possess a US valid passport or Green Card and be able to travel internationally, if required. May require up to 15% travel, including visits to different Celera Motion facilities
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: R000230
About Novanta, Inc.
Novanta is a leading global supplier of core technology solutions that give medical and advanced industrial original equipment manufacturers (“OEMs”) a competitive advantage. We combine deep proprietary technology expertise and competencies in photonics, vision and precision motion with a proven ability to solve complex technical challenges. This enables Novanta to engineer core components and sub-systems that deliver extreme precision and performance, tailored to our customers’ demanding applications. The driving force behind our growth is the team of innovative professionals who share a commitment to innovation and customer success. Novanta’s common shares are quoted on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol “NOVT”.