Omega Optical, located in Brattleboro, Vermont is seeking a full time Technical Sales Engineer. Omega Optical has built its technical reputation on defining the state-of-the-art in optical interference filter performance, designing and manufacturing a wide variety of custom and stock filters for scientists and industry worldwide.
This role will serve to understand market requirements for Optical Thin Films area and products through market and customer requirements analysis and formulate product strategy. Will serve as the primary technical interface between customer, marketing, development R&D teams and production. Will develop internal road maps and promote products and solutions. With a comprehensive understanding of customer needs and competitive position, will own the products and processes for their success.Perform market share analysis. Essentially the position spans vast and diverse functions of product marketing and technology focused on profitability and market share gains.
Full time permanent position dedicated to technical sales in Industrial and Commercial markets i.e. machine vision, defense applications, lidar, robotics, motion sensing, astronomy, color imaging, flow cytometry, photolithography, and raman spectroscopy.
•Develop internal roadmaps based on customer roadmap and needs.
• Identifies customer requirements and matches their needs to current products/applications; uses the customer’s information to define and develop future products
• Translates customer objectives & roadmap needs into technical quotation.
• Seamlessly integrate with production teams and R&D team to align customer needs to (i) develop new processes (ii) demonstrate previously demonstrated processes and promote to customer.
• Work closely with Design Engineering teams to design the required product to deliver the best in class filter that meets the immediate customer needs and provides for future pathways
• Stay aligned with customer on existing process/products to understand gaps so as to direct design and production teams towards success
• Stay abreast with Thin Films domain through conference proceedings, patent filings, public domain knowledge
• Periodically monitor the IP filings to better understand the competitive landscape and provide the necessary alert to Marketing and Process R&D teams
• Regularly analyze Thin Films market to steer product portfolio
• Works closely with Marketing to develop comprehensive product portfolio covering Omega Optical related products i.e. new product modifications, engineering service offerings, etc.
• Collaborates and educates sales team on the competitive strengths of our products and reports on competitive risks
• Provides expertise to perform as the technical interface between the customer, sales, and engineering teams
BS in Engineering Discipline with 4 or more years of optical interference experience or equivalent or MS degree with 2 or more years’ experience
Prior optical interference experience with comprehensive understanding and experience in Thin Films domain is preferred
Results oriented professional with strong business savvy and communication skills to interact with customers as well as R&D, Manufacturing, Finance, and Sales
Ability to interpret and translate customer needs
Demonstrated success in project/program management
Travel, domestic & International
Self-motivated and driven individual who operates with minimal guidance
Willingness to absorb the challenge and perform at a high caliber
Focused on technology, in particular, Thin Films to scan, grasp and summarize from variety of sources to formulate internal strategy
Collaborative in nature to develop cross functional alignment between various functional teams
Strong analytical skills – able to extract real insight from multiple sources
Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Able to function and influence people in a technicial organization to effect the solution
Enthusiastic to absorb the challenge and stay closely engaged
Position is located in Brattleboro, Vermont.
About Omega Optical, Inc.
Founded in 1969 Omega® Optical has built its technical reputation on defining the state-of-the-art for optical interference filter performance, designing and manufacturing a wide variety of custom and stock filters for scientists and industry worldwide.For life science and industrial instrumentation, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, astronomy/aerospace, Raman spectroscopy, photolithography, color imaging, UV, and laser applications.