Omega Optical, located in Brattleboro, Vermont has an immediate need for a full time Vacuum Technician. Omega Optical has built its technical reputation on defining the state-of-the-art in optical interference filter performance, designing and manufacturing a wide variety of custom and stock filters for scientists and industry worldwide. In addition, it seeks to create a work environment which is conducive to the mutual growth and development of the employees and the company.
The Vacuum Technician plays a "hands on" role supporting a vacuum thin film deposition manufacturing company. The Vacuum Technician serves as a key resource for the manufacturing operation focusing on preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem solving for electro/mechanical equipment issues and all other manufacturing related items.
The Vacuum Technician will work independently and in teams including production staff, engineers, and management to ensure efficient and quality-driven production operations. Communication and flexibility are key aspects of this full-time position.
Responsible for assisting with equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and upgrade of all process equipment used to manufacturer thin film coated optical filters. Reports to Maintenance Manager. Trouble shooting control wiring experience is a plus.
· Assist with diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical devices such as stepper motors, electric motors, and solenoid operated valves. Assist with repairing vacuum pumps.
· Assist with repair of pneumatic devices such as pneumatic valves, and electro pneumatic valves.
· Assist with replacing faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devises. Diagnosis and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components such as printed circuit boards.
· Assist with replacing electric motor bearings and rewires motors.
· Assist with repairing plumbing problems as well as installing new plumbing.
· Assist with repairing and rebuilding Hoffmans and other related manufacturing machines. Duties will require assisting with accurate diagnosis and repair of mechanical problems relating to components such as variable speed drives, bearings, shafts and couplings, sprockets, and pulleys.
· Assist with diagnosis and repair of electro-mechanical devices such as stepper motors, electric motors, and solenoid operated valves.
Ability read and understand electric drawings.
Assist with other maintenance projects when required.
Handle multiple tasks.
Organizational and attention to detail.
Excellent attendance is required.
Excellence in this position includes the following:
Knowledge of vacuum pumps.
Be flexible and a team player.
Must be willing to learn and follow instruction.
Maintain all machine operation. Focus on safe, efficient, reliable maintenance and operation of equipment to ensure the production of quality products.
Assist with planning and execution of the preventative maintenance programs. Improve the reliability of the equipment. Document all repairs and upgrades.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent, college or trade school preferred
Five plus years of experience working with “industrial/manufacturing equipment”
Skills and Abilities:
Must possess well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, and be self-motivated.
Must possess advanced troubleshooting skills.
Strong attention to detail and skillful in repair and maintenance of plant infrastructure and automated manufacturing equipment.
Experience in Plumbing, Electric, and HVAC desired.
Basic computer knowledge including Microsoft products desired.
Experience with vacuum coating equipment is preferred.
Additional Salary Information: Compensation is commensurate with experience
Benefits package available after 90 days.
PTO, Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Paid Life Insurance, EAP Services, 401k/Roth Program, Paid holidays
About Omega Optical, Inc.
Founded in 1969 Omega® Optical has built its technical reputation on defining the state-of-the-art for optical interference filter performance, designing and manufacturing a wide variety of custom and stock filters for scientists and industry worldwide.For life science and industrial instrumentation, fluorescence microscopy, flow cytometry, astronomy/aerospace, Raman spectroscopy, photolithography, color imaging, UV, and laser applications.