ECI, a leader in the thin film coatings industry, is currently seeking an experienced sales & marketing professional to join our sales team. If you have a science or engineering degree, have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, and are looking for an opportunity to contribute to a dynamic and growing organization serving the vibrant photonics industry, we are interested in talking with you.
About ECI: ECI is a well-established, growing manufacturer of thin film optical coatings. We specialize in innovative and custom design solutions for numerous markets and cutting edge technologies including medical devices, laser components, displays, telecommunications, aerospace and astronomy.
Job Description: Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Sales Engineer is part of a multi-disciplinary team directly involved with maintaining and growing the company’s sales and market position in a rapidly growing optics community. This role includes solving problems for customers and developing unique solutions for their technical challenges. This position works closely with manufacturing, quality, engineering, and management to develop new opportunities and solutions for our customers. Candidates should possess effective communication skills, a love for attacking technical challenges, and be willing to grow their engineering and managerial knowledge for the future.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Consultation: Advise present and potential customers on the best coating(s) to fit their specific applications and requirements including spectral performance, environmental needs, and budgetary considerations.
* Analysis: Develop accurate quotations which include the utilization of thin film design software (consider possible fixture designs, packaging, outside vendor services and optimal thin film design).
* Customer Management: Maintain current customer base by providing excellent customer service. Manage tracking order status and shipment schedule. Respond to all customer questions and concerns in a timely manner.
* Business Development: Expand current customer base by responding to incoming inquiries, attending trade shows, customer site visits, word of mouth, personal contacts, and other marketing activities.
II. Key Competencies:
* Customer Service Become a driven and enthusiastic partner to each customer’s business by providing timely and accurate information and technical assistance.
* Communication Skills Excellent telephone, e-mail and written communication skills are required.
* Detail Oriented Accurately produce quotations that include all relevant technical information and coating requirements. Work closely with engineering, production, quality and purchasing personnel to create the best solution for our customers.
* Software and Web Proficiency Strong proficiency working with Microsoft Software including Access desired. Ability to manage social media, implement online marketing campaigns and update company website.
* Priority Setting / Time Management Prioritize workflow and manage time to accomplish corporate goals and meet deadlines for quotations and marketing activities.
* BA/BS in Engineering or Science field * 2 years previous sales engineering experience preferred * Previous experience in optics or coatings preferred * Strong Communication Skills, both written and oral * Excellent Computer Skills * Desire to enter the dynamic and growing optics market
Compensation and Benefits: * Compensation is commensurate with experience * Health insurance package * 401k program with company match and profit sharing program * Vacation and sick leave benefits * Life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance * 9 paid holidays
About Evaporated Coatings, Inc.
Evaporated Coatings, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of thin film optical coatings specializing in innovative and custom designed solutions for glass, plastics, fiber optic devices, metal, semiconductors, and crystals. Located in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, Evaporated Coatings, Inc. has been supplying high precision optical coatings for more than 50 years. Current coating designs are applied using some of the newest and most progressive deposition methods and processing techniques. ECI is dedicated to being the finest thin film coating resource available for customers located in the US and around the world.