MSc. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Physics or equivalent.
Minimum 2 years industrial experience with emphasis on network architecture (including wireless network architecture, fiber-optic network architecture, and software defined networks)
- Strong background in communication technologies (fiber-optic systems, wireless communication systems) with industrial experience of at least 2 years
- In-depth understanding of end-to-end Mobile and IP Network Architecture (including FTTH, backhaul, front-haul, etc.), and trends in networking technologies - including Network Convergence, C-RAN, V-RAN, and Software-Define Networks (SDN)
- Working knowledge of communication protocols – including GPON, SDH/SONET, SNMP, TCP/IP, etc.
- Familiarization with new 5G wireless technologies including Massive MIMO, new Radio Access technologies, Self-Optimizing Networks (SON), Heterogeneous Networks (HetNets), Small Cells, Base-station split in V-RANs etc.
- Thorough understanding of Mobile Wireless Standards and standardization efforts (3GPP, LTE, LTE Advanced, 5G mobile, etc.)
- Hands-on laboratory experience
- Hands-on experience implementing V-RAN and SDN software algorithms and experience with software tools for designing, implementing, and analyzing networks – including higher-layer (L1/L2/L3) performance of systems and networks
- Previous experience in leading projects
Soft Skills (Communication/Team/Leadership):
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in with multiple teams
- Ability to work on multiple projects
~5 % travel - some international
Hours of work/work schedule:
40 hours/week, with extended hours if needed.