| The Optical Society a prestigious non-profit, scientific professional society in Dupont Circle is seeking a college-level intern for their Conventions & Meetings Department. This position will assist the OSA Meetings Department staff with the Society’s meeting(s) preparation and execution. |
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assists with drafting and distributing housing emails to authors and attendees not in hotel block.
• Proofs attendee communications such as the What to Know Before You Go messages.
Event Marketing & Promotion
• Drafts copy for meeting websites and microsites.
• Assists with developing slides for session walk-in/out presentations.
General Logistics Support
• Provides general assistance for on-site pre-con meetings.
• Assist in the preparation of poster session logistics – numbers, pins, etc.
• Creates content capture log for tracking session recording on-site.
• Produce session count sheets.
• Prepares pre-con staff packets according to Meetings Team’s requirements.
• Assists in production of award certificates.
• Produces signage inserts.
• Proofs meeting signage.
• Coordinates packing and shipping of conference materials.
• Creates and distributes shipping labels.
• Works with Meetings Team to maintain staff housing list.
• Coordinates with Meetings Team to create VIP housing list.
• Assists Registration Manager with all general registration processes as needed/assigned.
• Assists in the content development of registration confirmation letters.
• Coordinates the issuing visa letter to include collecting contact information, creating form letters and mailing or faxing.
• Supports registration manager in maintaining inventory of registration meeting supplies.
• Assists in assembling attendee materials, e.g. producing badges and any associated info cards and organizing registration materials for on-site distribution.
• Trains and understands the organization’s registration system.
• Provides backup with key registration tasks such as responding to event inquiries, testing of registration sites.
• Assists with preparing RFPs.
• Compiles incoming proposals for review.
• Assist in finalizing arrangements with various meeting vendors (decorator, audiovisual, hotel, supplies).
Other Job Functions
• Performs various administrative duties including but not limited to: Preparation of, proofing and editing correspondence; coordinating mailings; responding to routine questions and requests for information.
• Special projects as assigned.
• May assist in on-site execution of local events.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 2010.
• High degree of professionalism.
• Strong organizing skills.
• High level of attention to detail and seeing projects through to their completion. • Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
• Good research and writing skills.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
Summer 2017, part-time (15 -20 hours per week). Stipend/hourly rate of $15.00 per hour. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.