What You'll Do
As a DSP system engineer for our location in Nuremberg you will define and design high complex digital signal processing algorithms implemented in application specific IC. These designs form the defendable intellectual property of our coherent transmission product families for data rates of 400Gbps and above. In your work you will cover following topics
- Definition of signal processing algorithms
- Implementation of signal processing algorithms into ASICs
- Work on power and complexity optimization for digital signal processing algorithms in the context of optical data transmission
- Investigate and improve algorithms to find approaches for power optimized implementation
- Investigate approaches for predictable power consumption of high complex designs in an early design phase to allow for power comparison of different algorithms and implementations
- Create simulation tools for investigation of algorithms
- Explore verification concepts for their suitability of computational data processing algorithms
Who You'll Work With
High Speed Optics Department.
We focus on high speed, high performance optical system interfaces for cost-effective high-density system applications in Cisco differentiated by fulfilling specific Cisco requirements best.
We see our core competencies in digital signal processing (e.g. equalization) mixed signal design (e.g. converters and interfaces) detection algorithms (e.g. FEC) using advanced technology (e.g. optical and ASIC technologies).
In the optical system design team we focus on requirements and architectures of next generations coherent interface. In addition we develop and investigate signal processing algorithms which will be implemented into ASICs.