- MSc or PhD in EE, Telecommunications, Optics, or Physics.
- 10+ years’ experience defining, designing, and successfully bringing to market of optical systems and sub-systems.
- Strong background in coherent and direct detection optical systems.
- Fundamental understanding of optical (PD, laser, modulators, etc) and electronic (driver amplifiers, TIAs, CDR, PHY, etc) components, including design, implementation, packaging, and testing.
- Proven experience with optical link design including power budgets, OSNR calculations, fiber penalties, and critical components specifications.
- In-depth knowledge of characteristics and challenges of industry-common form factors, including SFP, XFP, CFP, QSFP, etc
- Hands on experience with electrical and opto-electrical testing methods.
- Working knowledge of IEEE, ITU-T, OIF, Fibre Channel, and MSA standards.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.