| About the Job |
TOPTICA is a global, equal opportunity employer that supports diversity in the workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive total benefits package. SCIENTIFIC SALES Responsibilities: As Scientific Accounts Representative, the responsibilities shall be:
Communication skills and teamwork are required in this highly challenging environment.
• Product discovery/Application development including the integration of the TOPTICA lasers in to customer applications. Working closely to convert home builders to TOPTICA customers.
• Support the entire team of TPI in his activity to sell and support the TOPTICA products allowing TPI to attain an appropriate global market share in North America.
• Incubate into the TOPTICA R&D team potential improvements on TOPTICA products - whether originating individually or from customer feedback - and discuss their feasibility and the technical, financial and personnel requirements.
• Implement product improvements and potential new product design using resources in North America when the potential program merits the need to manufacture in North America
• While doing product discovery, all efforts will initially focus on enhancing sales of TOPTICA products to customers in North America within university laboratories. Use the TOPTICA customer database to identify potential customers. Visit potential customers and attend trade shows and conferences in North America and convince them about the quality of the TOPTICA products and the excellent customer service of TOPTICA through demonstrations and presentations. Assist the TPI team to achieve orders to meet the target given in the budget of TPI based on the US sales expectations of TOPTICA.
• Provide support during product demonstrations, tradeshow events, and workshops.
• Provide detailed and profound technical and product advice to the TPI sales team to help them understand the customer requirements, to suggest proper setups and to help with modifications required to assist customer applications.
• Work with the President of TPI to provide any marketing and strategic information gained from research in the North American market and incubate this information into the strategic decisions to grow the North American and global businesses.
• Visit the manufacturing facility in Munich as well as the New York facility (after locating to San Jose) to become familiar with the entire product range and the sales and marketing activities specifically in North America.
• Timely trip and service reports.
• Other duties as assigned