Inrad Optics, Inc. a leading producer of exceptional quality crystalline materials, custom fabricated high precision optical glass, metal and optical components, has an excellent opportunity for a hands on Facilities Maintenance Manager in its Northvale, New Jersey location.
This position will be responsible for the safe, regulatory compliant and efficient operation of our 40,000 sq ft facility including equipment, infrastructure and systems. This position will ensure satisfactory cleanliness of building and grounds, manage facilities projects including construction, capital and equipment/utilities repair and maintenance. The position is additionally responsible for waste stream compliance and management.
Essential duties include:
- Ensure a safe and regulatory compliant environment. Develop and maintain effective relationships with local, and state building, environmental, and safety agencies
- Perform general repair work including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, compressed air and mechanical repairs as needed.
- Schedule and perform routine equipment maintenance including HVAC, ventilation systems, and compressed air
- Maintain facility alarm, fire safety systems and emergency power sources in peak operating condition
- Manage subcontractors and service providers on maintenance, repair and capital projects including performance, contracts and budgets utilizing company financial, PO, and capital approval processes
- Manage chemical safety, removal and manifesting to meet regulatory requirements. Responsible for facility Haz Com program. Maintain, and train managers in MSDS and chemical handling
- Conduct monthly safety and PM program inspections to assure safety and OM issues are addressed
- Responsible for landscaping and snow removal. Is primary contact with landlord for repair coordination
The successful candidate will have 3-8 years of progressive hands on facilities maintenance and management experience in an industrial manufacturing environment. Proficiency in general plumbing, electrical, HVAC, compressed air and construction is required. Must have experience and expertise in environmental, Haz Com, and safety regulatory management. Vendor management, project management is essential along with a strong can-do work ethic. Trade school or maintenance apprentice program highly desired, engineering degree a plus.
In addition to competitive salary, our comprehensive benefit package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and company matched 401K. Come join our team and grow! Please send resume and salary requirements in confidence to:
Bill Brucker, VP Human Resources & Administration
Inrad Optics, Inc
181 Legrand Avenue, Northvale, NJ 07647
201-767-1910 X 513