| Inrad Optics, Inc. is a leading producer of exceptional quality crystalline materials, custom fabricated high precision optical glass and metal components and optical devices. Due to production demands, Inrad Optics has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Optical Manufacturing Engineer in its Northvale, NJ headquarters. |
This position will develop, troubleshoot, document and prove out new or existing manufacturing methods and processes to ensure efficient, effective, and timely production of Inrad Optics products and services. This position will assist manufacturing solve unusual process/operating problems.
Essential responsibilities include:
Applicant should have a BS in Optical/Mechanical Engineering or related field, with a minimum 5-10 years of optical manufacturing engineer experience in an optical manufacturing environment. Experience in metal optics highly desired. Candidate must be able to generate complex written process instructions and must be comfortable using process data to improve quality, cost and efficiency. Must be computer literate in at minimum, Excel, Microsoft office, Solid Works, and ERP systems. The successful candidate will also have strong hands-on process development and troubleshooting skills, ability to work in a team environment, and have solid interpersonal skills.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement changes to methods, processes, equipment, materials, and tooling. Coordinates changes with manufacturing, QA, and other related departments.
- Develop, document and deliver training to employees on new or changed manufacturing processes, methods, and procedures.
- Trouble shoot processes, tools, machinery and fixtures. Develop and implement cost-effective improvements.
- Create fixtures and tools to improve efficiency and throughput.
- Generate work instructions and manufacturing standard procedures. Maintain the document control log and coordinate approvals.
- Provide hands-on technical support to all manufacturing operations.
In addition to a competitive salary, our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and company matched 401K. Come join our team and Grow! Please send resume and salary requirements in confidence to:
Bill Brucker, VP Human Resources & Administration Inrad Optics, Inc. 181 Legrand Avenue Northvale, NJ 07647 201-767-1019 x 513 email@example.com EOE