| The Optical Society (OSA) is recruiting for a Director, Financial Planning & Analysis. The Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, has three primary areas of responsibilities: |
1. Manage development of the annual operating budget and quarterly estimates, and contribute to the development of the multi-year plan and rolling forecasts.
2. Provide management decision support through ad hoc and special projects analyses as well as ongoing analysis of key performance indicators.
3. Review and create monthly financial reporting packages, annotate budget vs. actual variances for the Executive Team, Senior Team, and the Senior Director, Finance.
1. Annual Budget and Quarterly Estimates Process:
A. Partner with Senior Director, Finance, to manage the development of the OSA-wide annual budget and quarterly estimates, rolling forecasts, and support the Executive Team in creating a multi-year plan.
B. Recommend and implement process efficiencies in the financial planning function; maintain the tools used for planning and reporting.
2. Management Decision Support:
A. Understand trends in business line revenue, expenses and operations to identify potential issues and opportunities; optimize ROI and pricing models.
B. Analyze complex financial information to provide accurate, timely and thoughtful recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
C. Review current and past trends of key performance metrics; introduce predictive analysis of revenue, direct costs, overhead expenses and capital expenditures.
3. Financial Reporting:
A. Review financial statements, capital expenditures, and other performance indicators and prepare monthly management reporting packages with variance analyses and annotations.
B. Assist in the preparation and review of materials for Board Finance and Audit committees and Investment subcommittee.
C. Create and maintain financial dashboards and other graphical presentation of data for management, verifying data integrity and the story behind the data.
1. Assist the Senior Director, Finance, Executive Team, and other senior team members as needed.
2. Develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
3. Support the Finance team’s goals and OSA’s vision and culture.
4. Contribute to the development and maintenance of appropriate financial policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA and CPA highly preferred. Knowledge of accounting is essential for this position.
2. At least 8 years of progressively responsible management experience in financial/operational analysis in a medium to large size society or non-profit.
3. Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and recommend creative solutions based on accurate and thorough analyses.
4. Experience with cost accounting: unit pricing, incremental cost, breakeven analysis, activity based costing, fixed and variable costs, overhead allocation, labor job costing, labor utilization, etc.
5. Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
6. Established track record of building relationships and credibility with C-level staff, department heads, senior managers and other stakeholders.
7. Excellent business/financial systems and project management skills.
8. Strong presentation skills, particularly with executive management and board members, with the ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, complex financial information at the right level, depending on the audience.
9. Ability to understand and appreciate data and details without losing focus on the big picture.
10. Comfortable with ambiguity and able to synthesize disparate data sources to complete analyses.
11. High level of integrity and dependability with a sense of urgency for completing quality work on time.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Advanced Excel skills and strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
2. Recent experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL/Solomon.
3. Experience with BI360 product suite (planning, reporting, data warehouse) and Tableau.
OSA offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. Send cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com.