| Job Summary |
The Firmware Test Engineer will lead the development and execution of functional firmware tests for optical modules and line card products. Responsibilities will include the design and architecture of tools and frameworks for automated testing, and the development of functional and performance test plans for optical products.
Testing will include new products, new firmware features, regression testing, and firmware enhancement/modification. The incumbent will work with firmware and hardware engineers to resolve issues, and will own the firmware release testing process.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop system level test and validation plan that covers firmware to hardware interface and firmware sections of the product
- Execute tests during and after the design process.
- Provide feedback to the design team to improve the product performance
- Set up equipment, processes and methodologies as necessary
- Develop test scripts as necessary
- Identify and work with external test partners as necessary
- 5 years' experience in software lifecycle activities
- Embedded firmware testing experience
- Scripting languages experience - preferably Python
- Knowledge of software/firmware test methodologies
- Solid understanding of optics
- Strong record of establishing new firmware test functions, developing tools and tests to validate code operating on hardware
- Experience developing simulation tests on code
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting and identifying problems
- Intellectual curiosity to understand and expand on possibilities in a technical domain
- Disposition to collaborate and move toward the best solution by bringing ideas to the table and drawing on best options presented by colleagues
- Dynamic, and passionate about working in a fast-paced environment for a growing company.
In addition to competitive salaries commensurate with experience, we offer stock options and a company-funded comprehensive benefit plan.
Setup a Job Alert
to be notified when similar jobs are posted.
More Jobs Like This
US - CA - San Jose
US - CA
CAN - ON - Ottawa
Back to top