| Acts as the primary interface between customers and Newport’s engineering, sales, manufacturing and logistics functions for new-business opportunities—both pre- and post-sale support. Provides support to established business when Sales intervention is required due to technical issues with the product. Responsible for championing new-business opportunities, including: |
- Customer interfacing to establish and negotiate technical product requirements
- Securing internal resource commitments for proposal preparation and response to customers’ requirements
- Preparing customer communications, including presentations and proposals (pricing, statement of work, special terms, product specifications, etc.)
- Planning and tracking the progress of new business through the development phases and into initial production in conjunction with program manager, if assigned
- Escalating issues and presenting them to management with proposed solutions
Duties include establishing project plans, defining resource requirements, timelines and deliverables, and managing project resources to complete project objectives according to the customers’ and company’s objectives. Supports customer meetings and program reviews with presentations addressing all areas of responsibility (technical issues, development status, materials readiness, etc.)
POSITION DUTIES: · Program management activities:
· Sustaining applications engineering support by assigned product line for assigned OEM accounts:
- Run (and/or support) cross-functional product teams consisting of Account Managers, Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing and Purchasing/ Planning to design and manufacture “OEM” products for sales opportunities.
- Develop project schedules charts and hold project meetings and develop BOM and costing spreadsheets to ensure action items are completed.
- Ensure that a complete statement of work, drawings and specifications are submitted by the customer.
- Maintain project files.
· New-business development activities:
- Responsible for solving day-to-day customer application issues by interfacing with functional areas of company at multiple levels. Serve as the first line of contact and point person with the customer. Application issues are pre-sales and post-sales. Serve as the technical focal point for addressing customer complaints.
- Interface at a hands-on applications support level with customers visiting Newport’s facility.
- On occasion, travel to customers with Account Managers to provide applications support.
- Develop and implement procedures to improve processes that support the OEM business.
- Provide technical support to OEM Contact Administrators on products being sold to existing OEM accounts.
· All other duties upon request.
- Participate in opportunity-qualification decision process.
- Track and prioritize all new business development activities through Pivotal and Excel spreadsheets. Participate in weekly department meetings sharing the status of these activities and escalating issues.
- Identify resources required and quantify revenue opportunity and technologies required.
- On occasion, per agreement with the Director of Global Accounts or Business Development Managers as applicable, contact customers in a “business development role” to forward a sales opportunity and close on the business.
- Support the forecasting and re-ordering activities for the OEM Contract Administrators.
- Construct proposals with Director of Global Accounts or Business Development Managers, as applicable, and OEM Contract Administrators to communicate our capabilities, product specifications, pricing, terms, etc.