| The Process Development Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing fabrication processes as well as continuous improvement projects and tasks in support of the production of microphotonic and optical devices using our proprietary Etched Facet Technology. The successful candidate will lead projects in deposition, patterning, and characterization of thin films and III-V semiconductor structures using dry and wet processing including plasma-based processing techniques and chemical wet etching. |
- Own specific Development Projects, complete per project plan.
- Develop deposition and etch processes.
- Monitor activities of technicians.
- Monitor material purchase, production, and equipment maintenance schedules.
- Develop PM and process qualification plans.
- Develop/improve tooling, fixtures, and in situ monitoring devices for use in deposition/etch work cells.
- Provide project leadership on thin film related projects, and technical consultation to the product development and process integration teams.
- Train and mentor junior engineers and technicians.
- Write and verify procedures and work instructions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Physics, Masters degree preferred.
- At least six years of process development and manufacturing experience in thin film processing including hands-on experience with CAIBE, IBE, FIB, RIE, RIE/ICP, and PECVD.
- Strong analytical capacity and diagnostic ability.
- Working knowledge in precision mechanical design and tolerances.
- An understanding of statistical methods used in manufacturing. Hands-on experience with DOE, SPC is required.
- Experience in ISO 9000 implementation.
Setup a Job Alert
to be notified when similar jobs are posted.
More Jobs Like This
US - CA - El Segundo and Camarillo
US - MS - Ocean Springs
US - CO - Boulder
Back to top