The Semiconductor Laser Design Engineer is responsible for the design, development, and validation of photonic products based on BinOptics etched facet technology.
- Design, simulation, testing and analysis of III-V lasers for integrated, high speed, and high power products with applications such as FTTH, data centers and datacom.
- Communicate and work closely with epi grower, wafer fab and test engineers to develop new products.
- Perform short and long term testing of devices to confirm that products meet design objectives and customer requirements.
- MS (minimum) or PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years (minimum) experience in the optoelectronics field with a proven track record in III-V laser and photodiode chip design from development to manufacture.
- Demonstrated understanding of FP and DFB lasers, epitaxial design, electrical and optical simulation, and semiconductor fabrication processes such as lithography, dry etching, PECVD, and thin film deposition/analysis.
- Team player with good communication skills and strong technical writing ability.
Other Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with commercial design and software packages such as RSoft-LaserMOD, RSoft-FullWAVE, RSoft-BeamPROP, Photon Design, AutoCAD, L-Edit, and Labview.
- Ability to design high speed laser structures.
- Strong data analysis and presentations skills.
- Strong characterization skills and familiarity with CW and high speed measurements, reliability testing, and qualification standards.
- Understanding of manufacturing flow and control, ISO9000, and new product development protocols.
Setup a Job Alert
to be notified when similar jobs are posted.
More Jobs Like This
US - NM - Albuquerque
US - CA - Chatsworth
US - NY - Victor
Back to top