| Inrad Optics, Inc. is a leading producer of exceptional quality custom crystalline materials, fabricated high precision optical glass and metal optical components, and optical devices. Due to increased production, Inrad Optics has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a Nickel Plating and Special Process Technician in its Metal Optics Department. This position is located in its Northvale, NJ corporate headquarters. |
The Nickel Plating department is responsible for plating complex metal parts with various metal and chemical coatings. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in a technology intensive chemical process production environment in a small-medium size company. Experience in electroless nickel plating, and wet chemical finishes is a plus. Excellent mechicanical skills required for proper handling & fixturing of optical components in preparation for plating. Knowledge of HazMat requirements is also desired. In addition, the successful candidate will have strong problem solving interpersonal/communication, and computer skills.
- Set up, operate, and maintain electroless nickel plating and other chemical processes such as chromic conversions, and process equipment in strict adherence to written production and safety procedures.
- Perform heat treatment and thermal cycling of plated And non plated materials.
- Perform visual and mechanical inspections usingmicrometers, verniers, and gage pins.
- Monitor, make up and replenish all process baths.
- Interpret & follow complex blueprints, operating instructions, perform bath maintenance and prepare and maintain detailed process logs.
- Fabricate plating fixtures using hand tools.
- Ensure plating & thermal operations perform on schedule.
- Identify cost, quality, and cycletime inprovements for products & processes.
- Support department’s hazardous Material & Safety systems & processes.
- Ensure safe, effective, efficient utilization and disposal of all process chemicals.
In addition to a competitive salary, our comprehensive benefits package includes, health, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, holidays, and company matched 401K plan. Come join our team and grow! Please send resume with salary requirements in confidence to:
Bill Brucker, VP Human Resources & Administration Inrad Optics, Inc. 181 Legrand Avenue Northvale, NJ 07647 201-767-1910 x 513 email@example.com EOE